elevate your yoga practice
Suspension Yoga™ offers an energizing and relaxing way of exercising, through inversions and aerial movements that leave you feeling relaxed while experiencing a full body work out. The Suspension Yoga™ Sling is used for all classes and all fitness levels, allowing you to achieve deep stretches in a fully supportive way. This unique yoga equipment is also perfect for handstands training, split training, hip, chest and shoulder opening, back-bending and lengthening tight hamstrings. Suspension Yoga™ helps develop core strength, create balance and the suspended inversions create a deep feeling of relaxation. This type of yoga addresses conditions related to spinal health, and provides numerous benefits related to the body’s functions and overall well-being.
Are you ready to elevate your yoga? Always dreamed of flying? Want to learn how to trust and feel supported? Curious about the healing and therapeutic benefits of suspending? Then the Samatva Suspension Yoga™ Immersion is for you!
Perfect for beginners and floor based yogis alike. This workshop, the pre-requisite to attend drop-in schedule Suspension classes, introduces safe and effective use of the Suspension Yoga™ Sling. Participants will discover how inversions and aerial movements decompress the spine, strengthen the core and achieve deep delicious stretches formerly only dreamed of. We’ll cover all the key foundational techniques to enable you to feel comfortable, confident and at home in your Suspension Yoga™ Sling! Exploring partial + full intro-inversions, learning fluid sequences, moving with breath and your floating savasana cocoon to finish…Expect to feel relaxed, lengthened and strengthened as you learn to fly and decompress the spine!
With the support of the Suspension Yoga™ Sling you will also be able to enter more advanced yoga poses that you may have never been able to arrive at before…safely. After 2 hours you will leave feeling invigorated, inspired, relaxed and yes, even a little bit taller!
BONUS FREE 1st CLASS: Enjoy a FREE drop-in within 30 days of your 2-hr Suspension Yoga™ Immersion. We will give you your promocard after your immersion with instructions for easy online reservations.
Specialty Suspension Yoga™ Class Pricing
Click HERE to see all pricing for Suspension Yoga™ (scroll to bottom of linked page). Or simply click the book now button to prompt our online scheduler Mind Body Online. We offer drop-in, class packages or you can upgrade your regular class pass.
Infinity Membership Holders (unlimited) | Suspension Yoga™ Drop-ins are included in your memberships
Class Card Holders | Upgrade for only $10 each class. In this case, simply reserve your spot and pay the fee when you arrive at the studio for class.
Suspension Yoga Only | You can purchase drop-in + class packages.
As this is a new program for Samatva Yoga Studios (to be held in both studio locations by July 2017), we will be slowly introducing the drop-in styles to our schedules. It is our hopes, there will be, at minimum, 4 drop-in classes per studio each week. Styles and schedules will be determined as we proceed based on attendance and feedback.
Class Attendance + Online Reservations
Though you can sign up for classes online, you must ALWAYS check-in at the desk before 10 minutes before class begins otherwise you will be marked as a “late cancel” and you reservation released. All “late cancels” are subject to a $5 fee/class pass deduction for each occurrence and settled before next class. Samatva Yoga reserves the right to refuse online sign-ups at our discretion. We permit allow 75% of class space to be reserved online in advance so we always have room from walk-ins. Class reservations can be made up to 2 weeks in advance and you can remove yourself via your MBO account up to 1 hour before class starts. No class reservations/cancellation via email or phone. Our system automatically processes accounts in arrears every 30 days.
Infinity Members – Suspension Yoga drop-in classes are NOW included with all Infinity Memberships at no additional cost per class.
Class Card Holders – All class card holders will need to upgrade each class at a cost of $10 per session. This can be paid in studio.
All drop-in visitors must have completed the 2 hour Immersion.
- Group Immersion 2 hours – $40
- Private (1 person) 1 hour session – $80
- Small Group (2-3 people) 1 hour session – $150
- Do not wear nylon clothing or any fabric that may be slippery against the nylon parachute material
- Wear comfortable, unrestrictive clothing – no shorts
- Ladies should wear sports bras that will provide support during inversions.
- Gentlemen should consider wearing either jock-straps or compression underwear
- Remove any loose items out of pockets before inverting (coins, cell phones, etc.)
- Remove any jewelry or restrictive accessories before using
- Avoid heavy meals prior to class, but do have something light or bring juice to avoid low blood sugar levels.
- Wait at least 15 minutes after consuming liquids before performing inversion
- Do not invert while taking anti-coagulants or Advil
- Use awareness and proper form with each movement
- Always listen to and honor your body’s needs. Disengage from any painful movement
- Remember to breathe in all positions or routines. Do not hold breath
- Drink water afterwards and stay hydrated during class to maximize the effectiveness
- If you suffer from hypoglycemia or low blood sugar, bring light snacks or sweetened tea
- Maximum weight tolerance is 300 lbs
If you have been diagnosed with or are experiencing the symptoms of any of the following conditions, do not invert without your doctors approval.
- Ear, eye sinus disorders or infections in the head
- Recent surgery or trauma to any internal organs
- Broken or fractured bones in the hip/torso area
- Recent head/brain injury or trauma
- Heart and/or circulatory disorders
- Severe spinal cord trauma
- Fused vertebrae
*If you are on your menstrual cycle please inform the instructor.
It is also recommended that you always consult with your doctor before beginning any exercise program.
- All Samatva workshops, events & programs are non refundable and non transferrable within 48 hours of session start date.
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Drop-in Class Styles – attend after immersion
As this is a new program for Samatva Yoga Studios (to be held in both studio locations by July 2017), we will be slowly introducing the drop-in styles to our schedules. By the end of the summer, there will be, at minimum, 4 drop-in classes per studio each week. Styles and schedules will be determined as we proceed.
suspension yoga™ rates
2 hour suspension yoga™ immersion $40
pre-requisite for drop-in classes
Drop-In (1) $25
Class Card (8) $150 | exp 6 mos
Infinity Member + Reg Class Pass Holders
+ $10 per session
Fast track your Immersion +
fly today – 1 hour
$80 private intro (1 person) | $150 Small group (2-3ppl)
* BEFORE ATTENDING Before attending your first Suspension Yoga™ aerial class be sure to familiarize yourself with our Suspension Yoga safety checklist below.