Policies & Etiquette
Thank you for taking the time to read!
SAMATVA COMMUNITY COMMITMENT – Thank you
Member Obligations & Studio Behaviour
• Arrive on time. We reserve the right to deny class entry to anyone, who arrives after the scheduled class start time.
• Place shoes neatly on shelves or under coats depending on your studio location. Our floors are shoe free.
• Check in BEFORE entering practice space with your membership card.
• Lost or Forgotten Membership cards. A $5 fee is required to replace your card & will be done before taking class. One exception will be available per student. Photo id may be required.
• You may not allow any other person to use your membership or its benefits. Doing so may result in suspension or cancellation, with any outstanding balance immediately due and payable.
• Inform your teacher of any injuries or if you are new to yoga prior to each class.
• Cell phone ringers MUST be turned off as soon as you check-in for class so as not to disturb other classes.
• Studio practice rooms are silent. Enjoy this quiet time for your meditation &/or pranayama practice.
• Align your mat to a sticker and prepare your spot with all props you may need. Not sure what? Ask your educator.
• Nothing in the studio except items used directly in class. No personal belongings permitted in practice spaces.
• Help out your friends. As a community member, please help those that look confused or unsure. Thanks!
• Please keep noise and voices to a minimum while waiting for, or leaving classes.
• Do not enter a class late or leave early without giving the teacher prior notice. We want to make sure you’re ok.
• Attend class in good health (no colds/seasonal illnesses please) and in good hygiene.
• You agree to abide by all Samatva Yoga rules, regulations and schedules which may be posted or verbally explained from time to time. These may be amended from time to time, at Samatva’s sole discretion.
Class Attendance + Online Reservations
Though you can sign up for classes online, you must ALWAYS check-in at the desk before 10 minutes before class begins otherwise you will be marked as a “late cancel” and you reservation released. All “late cancels” are subject to a $5 fee/class pass deduction for each occurrence. Samatva Yoga reserves the right to refuse online sign-ups at our discretion. We only allow 50% of class space to be reserved online in advance so we always have room from walk-ins. Class reservations can be made up to 2 weeks in advance and you can remove yourself via your MBO account up to 2 hours before class starts. No class reservations/cancellation via email or phone.
Valuables & Personal Property
Samatva shall not be liable for the loss of or theft of, or damage to, the personal property of member or guests, including items left in lockers, at the advisor desk or elsewhere in the studio. Please avoid bringing valuables onto studio premises.
Mat Storage | Active Memberships Only
While we love to offer you mat storage, please understand that space is limited and you leave your mat at the studio as your own risk. Samatva Yoga will not be responsible for lost or stolen mats. All mats are to be tagged with updated and active status. One mat per Infinity Membership included FREE. If you use multiple studio locations a $10/monthly fee is applicable for additional mats. Mat storage is $10/month all other passes. Mats must be taken home during holds and may be considered abandoned and subject to donation without contact. All mats left 14 days after cancellation will also be considered abandoned.
From time to time, Samatva Yoga shoots images and video of classes, workshops and other events. As part of our community, you hereby provide Samatva Yoga the right and permission to use your name, image or likeness in its sole discretion for promotional, advertising and marketing purposes.
YOUR GUESTS ATTEND FOR FREE | 1st Visit with Infinity Members – New students Only
A benefit of the Infinity Membership only. Members can invite a guest to attend a class with them as often as you’d like! All Guests must check in with their Member. No Guest will be admitted free of charge to a class without the Member in attendance. Guests MUST be new to Samatva Yoga. Samatva reserves the right, in its discretion, to prevent any guest from using the studio.
In addition, on our in-studio intake forms you will see an option to stay informed via email communication from us regarding new products, promotions and other Samatva Yoga Studio related news. By providing your email address, you will receive these email communications. You will be able to unsubscribe at any time using a link provided in each email message or simply by contacting us and expressing this desire.
Class/course Cancellations If we fail to collect ample registrants for any particular course, Samatva Yoga reserves the right to cancel said session with 2 hours notice (via email provided) In this case, a full refund will be made.
Medical Notice A credit will be provided for all issues submitted within 30 days and accompanied with a medical note.
You may reserve a spot in class online up to 30 minutes prior to class start time, however, please note that any spot in a class booked or cancelled after 2 hours prior to class start time will regrettably be charged as follows:
Prana Pass Reduction of 3 days from your 30 day pass
Infinity Membership & Unlimited Upfront Holders $5 fee charged to your card on file
Class Card holders A class will be deducted from your package.
All classes that are booked using our online system and/or the MBO APP may be cancelled using our online system and/or MBO APP. If you are past the cancellation window, the online system will show ‘late cancel’ as the option at which time you will regrettably be charged for your missed class as per above. There are no refunds for any payments made so please choose your classes carefully. If you make a purchase in order to make your reservation and subsequently cancel before the 2 hour cut-off, your purchase will remain on your account for future use. Our system will not process credit card refunds in this instance.
All online reservations will be held until 10 minutes before class start time without being considered a “late cancel” and the above policy applied.
You are welcome to cancel the automatic renewal payments at any time. This is done easily by logging into your MBO profile before any upcoming payment.
Cancel anytime by logging into your MINDBODY Online (MBO) account – cancellations not accepted via phone or email. No notice required. No cancellation fee. Absolutely no refunds or transfers for forgotten or non-practiced months. Cancellations cannot not be made from hold status, membership re-activation is required. Mats in studio storage will be considered abandoned 14 days after cancellation and subject to donation without contact.
Infinity PLUS + FREE Month Cancellation Exception – If you choose the Infinity PLUS option to enjoy a free month, you can cancel anytime after 6 month commitment is met – $100 early termination fee option available to cancel early. Submit your cancellation request with the electronic form on our website (membership page) no later than 10 days before upcoming payment to allow processing time. No refunds for cancellation requests submitted after this 10 day period. Students will have use of the Membership Benefits until paid passes have expired.
Hold your membership as often as you want and save your rate! A $25 administration fee is applied for each hold request. Holds are available from 1 to 4 months as often as you’d like and run from payment date to payment date. No pro-rating for mid-month holds. Holds cannot be made retroactive. Mat storage is not included during hold periods, so please take yours home otherwise it may be considered abandoned and subject to donation without contact! We will remind you to take it home when you put your membership on hold.
We accept Visa and Mastercard for Infinity Memberships only. If you do not have one of these cards, you can request a paypal link here and use your bank account: QUESTIONS@YOGASAMATVA.COM All PayPal payments have an additional 5% transaction cost for processing purposes.
I acknowledge that the charge for dishonoured pre-authorization payments is a $20 NSF FEE. I understand that I will be notified (via my provided e-mail address attached to my MINDBODY Online (MBO) profile) on my recurring date if payment cannot be processed. I will have until 10pm (EST) to update my payment information by logging into my MBO account in order to avoid this NSF charge. I understand that after this time, there will be no exceptions made and the charge will be applied to my stored payment type. ______ (initialed by electronic confirmation of contract or in-studio signing).
You will not be permitted to use the studio unless all fees are current. If fees are interrupted and/or not paid on time, your privileges will need to be suspended.
Payment information must be valid & updated. Accounts with aging balances (90 days) are subject to collections.
Events + Programs may be:
1. Transferred (in their entirety) to another individual for the same event. Transfers must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org up to 48 hours prior to the start of the event/program. Transfer requests received after this will be not be accepted and you will be charged in full for the event/program.
2. Cancelled for a studio credit if you notify us in writing to email@example.com at least 48 hours before the start of the program. Cancellation requests received after this will not be accepted and you will be charged in full. No other refunds or credits are available under any circumstances. Classes remaining past an expiry date cannot be carried over.
All Food, Juices, Tea, Skincare, Bodycare, Lotions, Sunscreen, Shampoo, Deodorant, Nail Polish, Make-Up, Earrings, Hair ties, Intimates (including sports bras), and mats are FINAL SALE. Unfortunately, no exchanges or returns will be accepted on these items. Mats may only be exchanged if they are in their original plastic wrap.
Sale and discounted items can be exchanged or returned for store credit within 14 days of purchase accompanied by original receipt.
Gift Return & Exchange
You may exchange or return and receive store credit for your gift within 30 days of purchase accompanied by a gift receipt.
Online Return Policy
The request for an exchange must be communicated to firstname.lastname@example.org within 14 days of receiving the order. Your return will be processed within 72 hours. Online purchases may be exchanged or returned for a store credit in person at Samatva Yoga. Otherwise, the item(s) must be mailed back to the studio at the customer’s expense. All shipping and duty charges are non-refundable and you will be responsible for paying for your own shipping and duty costs for any items returned by mail.
Tea, Skincare, Bodycare, Lotions, Sunscreen, Shampoo, Deodorant, Nail Polish, Make-Up, Earrings, Hair ties, Intimates (including sports bras), and mats are FINAL SALE. No exchanges or returns will be accepted on these items. Mats may only be exchanged if they are in their original plastic wrap.
All coupon/promotional codes provided by Samatva Yoga as gifts or special offers are to be used in-store and/or online as directed on the offer. Discount codes may not be combined with any other offer or discount. This includes combining offers with member discounts.